USADF is accepting applications in the following countries and sectors:
• Kenya: fishing, livestock, maize, rice, sorghum
• Malawi: horticulture, legumes, oil seeds, rice, tree crops
• Rwanda: beans, coffee, maize, rice, tea
• Tanzania: beans, coffee, cotton, horticulture, maize, rice
• Your organization must demonstrate that it has successfully worked together for a minimum of 2 years, has a minimum of 200 active members or suppliers, and has the capability to effectively use grants funds.
• Your ownership and management must be in agreement on the problem to be addressed and have a commitment to benefit your community.
• Your organization must demonstrate the capability to account for USADF funds by showing you have a minimum of 2 years of basic functional management and financial controls in place.
• Your organization must be 100% African-owned and African-led.
• USADF is not accepting applications from non-government organizations (NGOs) and intermediaries. Your organization must be an agricultural cooperative, producer group, processor, or business.